read the printed word!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Up in Bangui



When I was a kid, I used to look at the map and can't help but be curious on how it would feel like if I am on top of the country. I imagined myself falling off it as I thought the gravitational pull would be different since being on top means you are the edge of the world. Well my imagination is just that. As soon as I got off the van and stepped into the Bangui beach which is near the northernmost tip of Luzon, I knew I was safe. I forgot that the beach was facing north so I was looking towards the sea for the sun. It was only when I saw the sun to the right side of the beach that I realized that I could be seeing Taiwan ahead of me if only the world is flat as a map.

The Windmills of Ilocos is just awesome. I have to give kudos to Bonggang bonggang BongBOng Marcos for this. My feeling is biased against the family considering what we all know about the Marcos years but this one just allows one to think about the positives instead. Forgot how many windmills there are but they are huge.

The Windmills are located in Bangui, Ilocos Norte. I took the photo above at about 8 or 9 in the morning in our last day of our Northern Philippine trip. Had fun while we were there. Wish we had more time. But then again, there is always time to go back, just like this blog. Or maybe we can go further next... Hmmm.. Anyone thinking Batanes?? :D LOL

Here is another photo of the Windmill:




Click here for more of MagtiBlogz!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...