read the printed word!

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

'Going Shylock' with These Indonesians



[o]

What happened to another blogger and her friend in Indonesia simply is outrageous! No outrageous is not enough of a term. KARUMALDUMAL!!! VERY UNACCEPTABLE!!! If you have not read, seen or heard it in the news yet, here is her blog post.

I wonder how many other Filipinos get to be treated that way in Indonesia? This branding and profiling is not something that we Filipinos should just let pass. We have to do something about this.

As if some of their countrymen have not done the same!?!?!?! Our immigration guys caught one just recently. Her name is Media Aprideri. Read the full story here. And here is another story about three Indonesian drug mules caught in our country.

I say, go and treat them the same way. For every Indonesian that goes in and out. Subject them the same respect that they've subjected our countrymen. I know this maybe harsh and maybe I am being inhumane just like their immigration guys who can't even speak good English, but my temper is boiling as of the moment.


Ahhhhhhhh!


I know, i know, we should be diplomatic and all but at times we have to act and think as Shylock did:

To bait fish withal: if it feed nothing else, it will feed my revenge. He hath disgraced me, and hindered me half a million, laughed at my losses, mocked at my gains, scorned my nation, thwarted my bargains, cooled my friends, heated mine enemies; and what's his reason? I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that. If a Jew wrong a Christian, what is his humility? Revenge! If a Christian wrong a Jew, what should his sufferance be by Christian example? Why, revenge! The villainy you teach me I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

One thing is for sure, our government must do everything possible to ensure that this kind of profiling does not happen ever again to another Filipino!

[o]

2 comments:

bloggingpuyat said...

been a follower of that blog at nagulat ako ng nabasa ko un, nakakainis, nakakapraning at nakakatakot un experience nya. good thing na may umaksyon din sa nangyari sa knya

Gone to the John said...

it was good na they kept their calm.. kung nagwala sila, baka ni-setup talaga sila nung mga Indons.. :( and yes very frightening...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...